Want the most vitality out of life … try eating more real whole foods.
How Eating Whole and Healthy Foods Can Improve Your Energy and Vitality
What is whole food? It’s not just a popular organic grocery store. It’s real, single-ingredient food that is unprocessed and free of chemical additives. Whole foods can be organic, pesticide-free and locally grown, but they don’t have to be. The definition of whole foods simply means any food in its natural state. Whole foods are rich in nutrients, and there are countless benefits to incorporating more of them into your diet, including improving your energy and vitality.
Why is this important? Having the energy to live your life to the fullest potential means that you put yourself in a place to truly enjoy all that life has to offer. Processed foods high in sodium, sugar and added ingredients can cause a quick burst of energy followed by a crash. In contrast, real, whole foods flood your body with vitamins and nutrients, providing sustained energy to keep you going strong.
Real, whole, healthy foods can help improve your energy and vitality in several ways.
- Lower chance of disease – Diets based on real, whole, unprocessed foods are associated with lower rates of many types of cancer, type 2 diabetes, heart disease and metabolic syndromes.
- Nutrient synergy – One of the key benefits of whole, unprocessed foods is that they provide a wide range of nutrients that work together in a variety of ways, providing natural synergies and health benefits that are difficult to replicate in supplements.
- Lower blood sugar – Studies have shown that a diet rich in unprocessed plant and animal-based foods can help reduce blood sugar levels for those at risk for diabetes. In one particular study, participants experienced a 26% reduction in blood sugar levels by following a diet of unprocessed meat, fish, fruits, vegetables, eggs and nuts.
- Better for your bank account – You don’t have to shop at expensive grocery stores to find real, whole foods; fresh food is available wherever you shop. And, while the cost of purchasing whole foods store may cost more initially, the expense and stress of managing chronic health conditions over time is much more.
- High in antioxidants – Antioxidants play a key role in fighting free radicals, which are molecules that can damage cells and wreak havoc on your health. Antioxidants are most prevalent in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts.
- Gut diversity – They say variety is the spice of life, so try a wide range of new whole foods. When there is diversity of microbes in your gut, your immune system is stronger and more stable. A diverse and more interesting diet can be great motivation to maintain a healthy lifestyle by providing a wide range of vitamins and nutrients.
- Other benefits – In addition to the benefits above, whole foods are high in fiber and healthy fats and are good for your skin, your gut and your dental health. The benefits are truly endless.
If you’re ready to improve your energy and vitality, Enjoy® Pure Food + Drink can help you take the first step. We believe that vital, healthy, happy lives start from within, which is why our menu is all about a wide variety of real, whole, nutrient-rich foods.
Visit us today or order online to experience the Enjoy® Difference!
Other ways to improve your energy and vitality:
- Practice mindful breathing
- Get plenty of rest
- Make time for hobbies
- Drink lots of water